Proposed features/Riding hall
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||A building that was built as a riding hall|
|Rendered as:||like building=yes|
building=riding_hall can be used for a building that was built as a riding hall (for indoor horse riding). This special type of building is explained in wikipedia:Riding hall. The tag can also be used for lungeing halls.
Photos used in Wikipedia:
- Riding halls are usually the largest buildings of equestrian facilities (or riding stables, see leisure=horse_riding), if they have any. We have building=stable for the horse stables, so we should also have building=riding_hall.
- A riding hall is especially designed for horse riding and not a sports hall for sport=multi like in schools or sports centres. Although it is a hall for equestrian sports, nobody calls it a sports hall. That's why it has its own wikipedia page: wikipedia:Riding hall.
- A riding hall may be re-purposed (compare building:use=*) and nevertheless continue to be a riding hall (see Examples).
- building=riding_hall is needed as successor of building=riding_school which was recommended on DE:Reiten for tagging riding halls, but this was an unsuitable translation of former building=Reithalle. wikipedia:de:Reithalle is linked to wikipedia:Riding hall via Q3503155, see also External Discussions.
Re-purposed riding hall
Combination with sport=equestrian
building=riding_hall can be combined with sport=equestrian, but it does not necessarily have to. sport=equestrian does not mark a building as a riding hall, it can be used with other buildings as well (e.g. building=roof).
Combination with leisure=pitch
A riding hall that is used like intended contains a riding school or arena that can additionally be tagged with leisure=pitch (+ sport=equestrian), see also Riding. A riding hall does usually contain just one of them and in this case it is not a leisure=sports_centre which is a "sports facility covering a larger area, which may include pitches as well as sports halls" (from leisure=pitch, in accordance with DE:Tag:amenity=school for sports halls).
Nothing special needed, just like building=yes.
- Buildings#Active - add as proposed
- Riding - add in italic as proposed
- DE:Reiten - replaces building=riding_school
- leisure=horse_riding +building=stable - add under "seeAlso" / "Related tags"
- DE_talk:Reiten#Reithalle_vs._Reitplatz (in German)
- Talk:Proposed_features/Sports_hall (just for sports_hall)
Comments are welcome at any time on the Discussion page.