Proposed features/social facility
|The Feature Page for the approved proposal social_facility is located at Tag:amenity=social_facility.|
|Definition:||A facility that provides social service|
|Rendered as:||See icons below|
A social facility is any place where social services, as defined here, are conducted:
- Social work is a profession and a social science committed to the pursuit of social justice, to quality of life, and to the development of the full potential of each individual, group and community in a society
Specific examples of a social facility are drug clinics, workshops for the physically disabled, and homeless shelters. There are no restrictions as to who provides the services.
There are many social facilities in every community. The primary goal of the "social facility" tag is to allow people in need or their advocates to efficiently locate these services. With site-specific service tagging, someone would be able to quickly locates services like a nursing home, free clinic, meal, or an overnight shelter.
Due to poor funding or the sensitive nature of some of these facilities, it can be hard to locate them using traditional means. The social_facility=* tags will make it easier for these providers to connect with those in need.
Some tag-proposals for specific facilities exist (see list at bottom of wiki) but the more general social_facility=* tags will allow easier organization and searching from a single top-level feature.
How to Tag
Use amenity=social_facility to label a feature that provides a social service. To capture additional information, supplement the feature with additional tags as defined in this wiki.
Social facilities come in many different types and can be the location of where services are provided or where they are administered from. Types of social facilities are defined by the level of care or service that is provided and whether people reside at the location. To define whom is served by the facility, use the social_facility:for tag as described below.
For features/POIs that focus on treatment of specific acute medical conditions, such as those services normally delivered by a hospital, the Tag:amenity=hospital amenity tag should be used.
For features/POIs that focus on disaster relief, such as a temporary emergency shelter, it is suggested that the Humanitarian_OSM_Tags be used. This is still an evolving model and comments are welcome in the discussion page.
|social_facility=group_home||A group residential home organized around a certain demographic and provides social and medical services, such as leisure activities or meals. e.g. a retirement home for elderly|
|social_facility=assisted_living||A residential facility like group_home, but the looked after are more independent (e.g have own flats). Usually conceived for people with "slight" disabilities (e.g. residential care home for eldery people)|
|social_facility=nursing_home||-||A residential facility for people who require continual nursing care and have significant difficulty coping with the required activities of daily living. Nursing aides and skilled nurses are usually available 24 hours a day.|
|social_facility=shelter||A facility that provides temporary sleeping facilities or refuge from exposure to the environment. e.g. a homeless shelter|
|social_facility=ambulatory_care||A non-residential facility that supports the living needs of those who can't fully support themselves e.g. administrative offices for home nurses or streetworkers|
|social_facility=healthcare||A non-residential facility that provides limited medical outpatient care such as drug treatment, free immunizations e.g. a drug treatment clinic (look at Healthcare for more information!)|
|social_facility=outreach||A non-residential facility that provides social welfare services such as advocacy, counseling, job placement, veterans services, housing placement, wellness programs, daycare, leisure activities. e.g. outreach for veterans|
|social_facility=workshop||A non-residential work facility that primarily employs people with disabilities.|
|social_facility=food_bank||A non-residential facility that provides pre-packaged food or prepared meals|
Whom is served by the facility
The social_facility:for tag is used to describe the group of people that is primarily served by the facility.
|social_facility:for=abused||Abused children or adults, include violated or sexually abused victims.|
|social_facility:for=child||e.g. daycare center for children|
|social_facility:for=disabled||Those with physical disabilities|
|social_facility:for=diseased||Those who suffer a certain disease and their families, name disease in description tag (e.g. AIDS)|
|social_facility:for=drug_addicted||e.g. drug-counseling service, name drug (if certain) in description tag|
|social_facility:for=homeless||Have a look at the Homeless_Shelter-proposals for tags that capture more details|
|social_facility:for=juvenile||e.g. juvenile shelter|
|social_facility:for=mental_health||Those with mental/psychological problems|
|social_facility:for=migrant||Those who have migrated from another country or region|
|social_facility:for=senior||e.g. retirement home|
|social_facility:for=under_privileged||Poor or disadvantaged people|
|social_facility:for=victim||For victims of crimes, such as a robbery or hate (acute + trauma care).|
|building=yes||tag for social_facility buildings|
|description=*||could give details about programs, meals, lodging or medical help|
|emergency=*||e.g. emergency medical services at a homeless shelter|
|opening_hours=*||e.g. information about visiting hours or working hours|
|operator=*||name of the institution that facilitates this service|
|wheelchair=yes/no||information about the accessibility of wheelchairs|
The following are a few examples of various social facilities with some basic tags. Additional tags can be added to better describe the feature. See the "Similar Features/POI" section below.
|operator=Pegasus Retirement Home|
|Facility for mentally ill people|
|Outreach for poor members of community|
|operator=St. Martin's Ministries|
|operator=Pine Street Inn|
Links to comments in mail archives
- tagging: Initial RFC - http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2010-September/004436.html
- tagging: Call for voting - http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2010-September/004768.html
Please use the discussion page for more comments!
- I approve this proposal. Kerosin 17:07, 22 September 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. Sean Horgan 22:03, 25 September 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. higa4 01:51, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. !i! 09:28, 7 October 2010 (BST)
- I oppose this proposal. Reason: amenity, see discussion page Hasemann 13:25, 28 September 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. Nfgusedautoparts 03:03, 11 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Dieterdreist 13:53, 11 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Okilimu 17:56, 11 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --Lulu-Ann 13:21, 12 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --SkyOne 15:11, 16 October 2010 (CET)
- I approve this proposal. --Xapitoun 10:40, 17 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --bangla 17:29, 18 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. Geogast 11:50, 19 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. I would like if even more if it was changed so amenity=social_facility was optional or better removed. --Reclus 22:50, 21 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. --johnwhelan 18:15, 21 October 2010 (EST)
- I approve this proposal. Assawyer 23:29, 21 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. lucadelu 08:39:12, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. Trimoto 09:49, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Pobice 09:23, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Tizianos 11:05, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Al3xius 11:16, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Fabry 12:46, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- SteveVG 12:14, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Miellino 12:19, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Vezzo 12:49, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- damjang 14:20, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- Magellanino 22:16, 22 October 2010 (BST)
- I approve this proposal. -- Accelerix 06:22, 23 October 2010 (BST)
Final voting summary: 28 votes, 27 users voted for this proposal, 1 against it => yes 96.43% <-> no 3.57%
=> Proposal approved