Rio de Janeiro (city)/Import IPP Buildings
1) Access this page and click on the map thumbnail: http://pcrj.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a52f48cef40e4977a8508aa06d01710b
2) Click on the last icon (gray toolbox)
3) On the panel that opens, check edificações
4) Down on that panel, use a drawing tool to draw a boundary to download (I suggest small blocks, using the second last tool which is similar to JOSM area tool)
5) Finally, click on Executar to get the shapefiles.
Their server gets offline quite frequently, if you get the message Service geoprocessos/BaseGeoWeb_GP/GPServer not found try again later.
This data license is stated as follows: All information obtained through this application can be freely used, citing the source: Prefeitura da Cidade do Rio de Janeiro - Instituto Pereira Passos.
- TUTORIAL FOR IMPORTS (in portuguese): "Rio Olympics – Tutorial para Importação de Edificações"