San Francisco Mapping Party Feb2010
What are mapping parties?
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStretMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Sunday February 7th, 11am-4pm
- Where: The Greenhouse coffee shop, 329 West Portal Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127
- Contact User:StellanL Email: email@example.com cell number: 650-867-3103
- Contact User:Smbritton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 408-551-0722
- Event schedule:
- 11am - 4pm
- 11:00 am: Introduction to OpenStreetMap for beginners.
- 11:30 am-2:30pm/3pm: Mapping time (walking/biking/driving)
- 2:00pm -4:00 pm: Uploading and Editing Map Data with refreshments and discussion.
- 4:00pm: Social event- drinks and discussion for whoever is interested, at a nearby eatery
- 11am - 4pm
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine. Extreme weather cancels, but the current forecast is for clear weather!
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by contacting User:StellanL or RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-OpenStreetMappers/
- Co-listed with Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter, Guadalupe Regional Group
The Greenhouse coffee shop, 329 West Portal Ave, San Francisco, CA 94127 http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-greenhouse-san-francisco
Transportation: Muni: K, L, M, T & 48 to West Portal; free street parking
To add more points-of-interest to the San Francisco map as well as tackle areas that still need mapping.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.
- Shops, restaurants etc, and the general extent of the commercial district along W Portal Ave.
- To the east, the Mount Davidson park needs all kinds of details.
- North of the park, along Portola Dr. is another commercial area.
- To the west is Pine Lake Park.