| Browse WikiProject Singapore map|
Zoom level : 12
Welcome to OSM Singapore!
The plan is to start doing a rough island and highways after that clean up the city center a bit and then we see how it goes. We need to do a bit of Johor and bintan/batam also to get a bit of surrounding.
- 1 Members
- 2 Maps
- 3 Forum / Discussion
- 4 Things that need to be done
- 5 Road tagging
- 6 Buildings
- 7 Facilities
- 8 Places of Interest
- 9 See Also
User:Singeo - Working on area around East Coast Road/Still Road/Changi Road
User:Harishpillay - Working on forested areas gathered during hhh runs.
User:Ghane - Adding names to roads.
User:Tokage - Working on area around Upper Bukit Timah, Bukit Panjang
User:MapEditor - Working on Sembawang mostly. But of course, most parts of Singapore.
User:fusionstream - Working on Tampines/Simei but some parts of Bedok and Pasir Ris as well. Also tagging Marine Features for Singapore over at OpenSeaMap (which uses the same database) - focusing on the northern area for the moment.
User:HangYong - Working on area around West and some less travelled roads around.
User:Ebolwidt - Working from Kolam Ayer (north) area outwards
User:eugenepjk - Staying in the West Side of Singapore. Focusing in that area.
The current OSM Singapore map can be found at: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=1.3328&lon=103.8307&zoom=12&layers=0BFT or http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=1.3550616271604272&lon=103.82861217335657&zoom=12&layers=B000F000F
Forum / Discussion
A thread has been created in the forum to facilitate sharing of ideas and tips. Please go to here
Additional discussion and updates can also be found in Talk:WikiProject_Singapore
Things that need to be done
- Roads in private residential areas may be missing correct names.
- Transit routes.
- Buildings information such as address, 3D shapes.
- Buildings that are unmapped/planned/under construction.
- Using highway=motorway for expressways, i.e. CTE, ECP, PIE, AYE, TPE, KPE, SLE and so on.
- Using highway=trunk for semi expressways, i.e. Nicoll highway, Outer Ring Road System and West Coast Highway. See picture from wikipedia
- Using highway=primary for Singapores main roads except when they fall in category trunk (see suggestion of main roads in wikipedia), assume Upper Thomason and Upper Serangoon also fall in this category and probably a few more??
- Using highway=secondary for other big roads that are not main roads, like Tanglin road
- Using highway=tertiary for small roads or alleys, usually roads that service HDB estates.
- Using highway=residential usually for roads that move between "landed properties". Sometimes for roads that connect different HDB clusters. If there are designated parking lots on one or both sides of the road (some landed properties), see below.
- Using highway=service for roads that lead into residential neighborhoods. Append service=parking_aisle when there are parking lots on one or both sides of the road, or service=driveway if the road is an access road. Use oneway=yes if appropriate.
Use footway = both/left/right on a road way if there is a side walk. Choose the appropriate value.
Roads which are physically segregated in either direction should be a dual carriage way (2 ways going in opposite direction)
Common address tags to be used are
Building-specific tags are listed in the following table.
|HDB Apartments||Car Park||Condominiums||Commercial||Others|
- leisure=park to denote the boundaries of a park
- landuse=grass to denote a field
- leisure=playground to denote a playground
- leisure=pitch, sport=*, surface=* to denote an outdoor sports court/pitch
Places of Interest
- Police/Fire Services
- Healthcare Services (Hospitals/Public Clinics)
- Mail Services (Postal)
- Malls (and POIs)
- Parks/Nature Reserves (and Trails)
- Restaurants/Fast-food/Food Courts, and Bars/Clubs
MRT / LRT
- NUS Internal Shuttle
- Sentosa Transport Services
- NTU Internal Shuttle
KTM rail between Tg Pagar Railway Station and Woodlands Checkpoint
Rail completed, but not yet update the layer position (i.e. whether the track is above or below roads / MRT tracks)
- BBBike @ Singapore - a cycle route planner for 新加坡共和国