State Of The Map
The State of the Map (SotM) conference is the annual conference of OpenStreetMap. Organised by the OpenStreetMap Foundation it has been held each year since 2007. There have also been many other regional and local conferences named "State of the Map".
- 1 Planning
- 2 Next SOTM
- 3 Previous international SOTM conferences
- 4 Regional/local conferences
- 4.1 State of the Map Europe (SotM-EU)
- 4.2 State of the Map France (SotM-FR)
- 4.3 OSMit (Italy)
- 4.4 State of the Map Scotland
- 4.5 State of the Map Baltics
- 4.6 FOSSGIS (German-speaking countries)
- 4.7 State of the Map U.S. (SotM-US)
- 4.8 State of the Map LatAm
- 4.9 State of the Map Asia (SotM-A)
- 4.10 State of the Map Japan
The international State of the Map team have started to collate a planners guidebook to help with the organisation of OSM events. Take a look at /Planning.
The website for the event is at 2017.stateofthemap.org.
Previous international SOTM conferences
Took place in September 23 - 25, 2016 in Brussels, Belgium. The website for the event is at 2016.stateofthemap.org.
The 2015 conference was sadly cancelled due to some organisational problems.
In 2014 the conference came to South America, to Buenos Aires in November.
For the first time, the State of the Map was held in Asia. Tokyo, Japan was the host city and the conference was held from September 6 to 8. A major theme at the conference was disaster-related mapping due to the large earthquake that Japan suffered in March 2011.
In 2010 the conference took place Girona, Spain in July.
In 2009 the conference took place Amsterdam in July.
In 2008 the conference was held in Limerick, Ireland.
The first conference was in Manchester, UK on the 14-15 July 2007.
State of the Map Europe (SotM-EU)
- The second European conference was in Karlsruhe, DE on the 13-15 June 2014.
- Since 2011 was the first year that the international State of the Map conference was held outside Europe, the Europeans decided to hold a regional conference for those who are unable to attend the one in the United States. This was held in Vienna, AT on the 15-17 July 2011.
State of the Map France (SotM-FR)
- SotmFR 2017 will be held on 2 to 4 June 2017 in Avignon.
- SotmFR 2016 was on 20 to 22 May 2016 in Clermont-Ferrand.
- SotmFR 2015 was on 29, 30 and 31 May 2015 in Brest.
- SotmFR 2014 was held from April 4th to 6th in Paris.
- SotmFR 2013 was held from February 23rd to 24th in Lyon.
Template:OSMit The Italian conference about OSM.
- The sixth conference was held in Matera, in cooperation with Wikimedia Italia
- The fifth conference was held in Rovereto, in cooperation with Wikimedia Italia
- The fourth conference was held in Torino, in cooperation with Associazione per l'Informazione Geografica Libera GFOSS.it, Regione Piemonte, Università di Torino and CSI Piemonte
- The third conference was held in Padova, in cooperation with Centro di Ricerca Interdipartimentale di Cartografia, Fotogrammetria, Telerilevamento e SIT (CIRGEO) at the University of Padova
- The second conference was held in Genova, in cooperation with Laboratorio di Geodesia, Geomatica e GIS del Dipartimento di Ingegneria delle Costruzioni, dell'Ambiente e del Territorio (DICAT) della Facoltà di Ingegneria dell'Università degli Studi di Genova. 
- The first Italian conference was held in Trento, in cooperation with Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK). 
State of the Map Scotland
- After a break in 2014, the forth SotM Scotland was held in Edinburgh from October 2 to 3. The third day, consisting of a map maker day and tutorials for those new to Openstreetmap, is yet to be confirmed.
- The third SotM Scotland was held in Edinburgh from October 11 to 12. With a hack day on the 13th
- The second SotM Scotland was held in Edinburgh from October 19 to 20.
- The Scots held their first SotM local conference from August 26 to 27 in Glasgow.
State of the Map Baltics
FOSSGIS (German-speaking countries)
The German speakers conference about OSM, taking place in Austria, Germany or Switzerland.
State of the Map U.S. (SotM-US)
- The sixth State of the Map U.S. took place July 23-25 in Seattle, Washington.
- The fifth State of the Map U.S. took place June 6-8 at United Nations in New York City.
- The fourth State of the Map U.S. took place on April 12-13 in Washington, DC
- The third State of the Map U.S. took place from June 8 to 9 in San Francisco, California
- The second State of the Map U.S. took place in Portland, Oregon from October 13 to 14, 2012.
- There was no national conference in 2011 since the international State Of The Map that year took place in the United States.
- The first State of the Map U.S. took place in Atlanta, Georgia from August 14 to 15.
State of the Map LatAm
- SotmLatAm 2017 will be held from November 29th to December 2th in Lima, Peru.
- SotmLatAm 2016 was held from November 25th to 27th in São Paulo, Brazil.
- The first SotmLatAm 2015 was held from September 4th to 6th in Santiago, Chile.
State of the Map Asia (SotM-A)
State of the Map Asia was born after the success of the international SotM conference 2012 in Tokyo. The conference is organised by local OpenStreetMap communities and focuses on themes and contents that are current to the region.
- The first official SotM Asia in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- The second Asian conference will take place in Manila, Philippines 1st-2nd of October 2016. Organized by the OpenStreetMap Philippines community, in cooperation with Visions Asia of Japan. https://stateofthemap.asia