State Of The Map 2012
Further information is available on the...
Also follow facebook groupon twitter and join the
- 1 Group photos
- 2 Photos
- 3 Live video
- 4 Conference Program
- 5 Other events
- 6 Reports/articles on SotM12
- 7 Want to present?
- 8 Useful Information
We had a stream of live video at the following URLs for the two different venue rooms:
- Main Convention Hall: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sotm-main
- Second Conference Room: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sotm-second
Conference kicks off at 9 AM Tokyo time
The conference program is available here: http://www.stateofthemap.org/schedule/
Sept. 1st-2nd (Saturday-Sunday): Excursion
Pre-excursion to TOHOKU, Tsunami Disaster Area.
Sept. 6th (Thursday): "OSM to the Rescue"
Sept. 7th (Friday): Technical day
Sept. 8th (Saturday): Community day
- See http://www.stateofthemap.org/schedule/saturday/
- Slides, resources, videos, etc.
- Foundation AGM and board election
Sept. 9th (Sunday): Mt. TAKAO
- Post Mapping Beer Party in Mt. TAKAO
- Welcome Party
- 2012 Campus Map Contest
- 2012 Karaoke Video Contest
- OSM Foundation AGM
- Akihabara Mapping Party on Sptember 5th
- Pre-conference drinks September 5th
There are a few tracks which are in Japanese, we have asked the Japanese presenters to include English subtitles where possible, so those should also be understandable for all.
Reports/articles on SotM12
- Making Maps Without Borders, Epilogue - Wil Waters.
- Geofabrik Blog
- Swiss OpenStreetMap Association
- State of the Map 2012 and Shinjuku Nightlife / Gone Wandering
- SOTM Day 2, Yakata-Bune Dinner Cruise, and a Night in Roppongi / Gone Wandering
- Aburasoba, Multi-currency Auctions, and Harajuku Teenyboppers / Gone Wandering
- State of the Map - a lesson in humility
- GEO Informatics / In the Spotlight
- 世界のマッパーが来日した「オープンストリートマップ」の国際会議 (Internet Watch)
- “地図のWikipedia”OpenStreetMapの国際会議が日本で初開催 (IT Pro)
- State Of The Map 2012開催！高尾山マッピングパーティーに参加しました (Geo-Girls Blog)
- SotM2012 Tokyo (OpenStreetMapのすすめ Blog)
Want to present?
For the sessions the official call for papers has closed and the program has been released but it's not too late!. If you missed the deadline and have something great to present, there will be opportunities for
- Getting to the venue
- Transport (in Tokyo and from/to the airport)
- Various travel tips
- Who's coming?
- Lightning Talks
Shorter link to this page: http://bit.ly/sotm12wiki