State Of The Map 2008/Getting there
How to get to Limerick
- Ryanair is often very cheap. If there is no direct flight, consider changing at one of the London airports.
http://www.flycheapo.com/flights/shannon lists 35 low-cost airline routes to Shannon.
- Aer Arann has relatively cheap flights from/to certain destinations in Europe to Cork, Dublin Galway and Waterford.
From the US / Canada
- For cheaper flights try Zoom Airlines from the East and West Coast of the US and many places in Canada.
- Ryanair is often very cheap. Consider changing at one of the London airports. It may be possible to reach by train or air via Dublin.
- Changing at one of the Europe airport and going to Shannon is another option. Please See from Europe.
From the UK, can be done for £70-£80 (return), depending on where you live, and doesn't need to be booked in advance. See Seat61.com for details of the two possible routes (via Dublin or Rosslare)
Dublin-Limerick is 200km, 125mi by road, 2.5 hours by direct train from DHT (Dublin Heuston) station.
Cork-Limerick is 100km, 60mi by road, approx 1.5 hours by train with one or two changes from Kent Station.
How to get to the Kilmurry Lodge Hotel
From Shannon airport: Bus Eireann buses serve Shannon airport and buses to Limerick apparently (!?) drive past the hotel. Taxis are available from the taxi desk in the arrivals hall, a fare to the hotel costing approximately €35-40. Sharing taxis is entirely possible since we are all arriving/leaving at similar times. See State Of The Map 2008/transport
From Central Limerick: From William Street in the city centre, take bus 302 or 308 to Castletroy , both of which stop outside the hotel. Name of stop unknown, presumably it's best to ask the driver...