State Of The Map 2010/Routers
I'm a member of the SOTM organizing team and would like to ask if some of you could bring your WIFI router.
There is a Cisco WIFI network with zillions of APs at the venue but it's a roaming one so it'll fill up after 253 (or so) leases. However a lot of wired bandwidth is available so we want to setup a few additional WIFI networks in the venues rooms just to be sure.
If you can bring a router please put your name on the wiki at:
I think 4 will be enough and I'll be bringing mine so 3 more are needed.
- Your cooperation will never be forgotten and you will probably get a free pass into heaven.
- I think Linksys routers would be the safest choice
- Spain power plugs are Europlugs so UK plugs is probably not a good idea.
- I need to set this up on thursday before the conference so I would like to meet you and pick up your router thursday morning in Girona.
- Please allow me to hard-reset if necessary (so backup your configuration)
- Check if it's ok to bring it through customs if you're flying.
- Insurance might not cover this so it's on your own risk (just to be sure).
Thanks in advance! Osm@floris.nu 19:43, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Hell yeah, I'll bring my router to provide the internets!
- 1 Floris Looijesteijn I'll bring my Linksys WRT54GS
- 2 Bahnpirat brings a WRT54G v2.2, (Firmware: "Freifunk", but can be changed) will be there Thursday, 10:00 am in Girona
Firefishy - Linksys WRT54GL (firmware: tomato latest, large antennas) (Firefishy will be there thursday evening, so on the reserve list :) Osm@floris.nu ) - In Barcelona from Wednesday evening. -- Firefishy 08:32, 1 July 2010 (UTC)- FF Fail.
- 6 Marc - Linksys WRT54GS (firmware: 1 * DD-WRT v24-sp1 (07/27/08) min ( will be there thursday evening )