State Of The Map Asia 2016/Bid/Manila
- 1 2016 State of the Map (SotM) Asia - Philippines
- 1.1 Why the Philippines?
2016 State of the Map (SotM) Asia - Philippines
Why the Philippines?
We hope to make the most out of the 7th International Conference of Crisis Mappers in September, 2016, and discussing the feasibility with organizers of ICCM Manila to co-hosting SOTM Asia.
The ICCM conference hopes to attract 500 participants, with their theme conference of “Building Resilience: Inclusive Innovations in Crisis Mapping”.
The local organizer expressed their interest in collaborating for the event, and with the cooperation of the OSMph community, develop a parallel track / agenda to the ICCM conference focusing on OpenStreetMap.
A short impression how the State of the Map Asia 2016 would look like
Ideas for community-building activities
The organizers will composed mostly of volunteers from the OSM-Philippine community with support from ICCM organizers and other Asian OSM communities.
The team experience include:
- creating and organizing conferences,
- creating and promoting OpenStreetMap events, marketing,
- sponsorship development and fund-raising,
- communication with local and international OpenStreetMap communities.
- OpenStreetMap advocacy with government, business and non-profits.
1-2 October 2016.