State of the Map France 2013
More details on the french version of this page (in french only, sorry, but translations are welcome !)
The engineering school "Epitech" will host the event in Lyon, 86 boulevard Vivier Merle, Lyon 3e. It is located near Part-Dieu station (main railway station) - 10 min. walk.
This map shows POI: http://umap.fluv.io/map/cquest/sotm-fr/#17/45.75749/4.86068
Online registration is available on eventbrite: http://sotmfr2013.eventbrite.fr/
How to get there ?
Have a look at wikitravel : http://wikitravel.org/en/Lyon#Get_in
Where to sleep ?
There are numerous hotels nearby; the less expensive are
- Etap Hotel Part-Dieu (52 rue de la Villette, 3e, Tram T3+Bus: Part-Dieu Villette, 10 min. walk from Epitech) : about 65 euros/night (1,2 or 3 persons) - brand new hotel, recommended
- Première Classe (75 Bd Vivier Merle, 3e, the nearest from Epitech) : from 47,60 to 56 euros per night (week-end price, see details on web site).
- Athéna: about 58 euros/night
- Campanile: about 65 euros/night (1,2 persons)
- Ibis: about 75 euros/night
- B&B hotels Gambetta (93 cours Gambetta, 3e, Métro D: Garibaldi, 10 min. walk from Epitech) : 39 euros (1/2 pers.) or 55 euros (3/4 pers.) per night (Econo-chics tariff: week-end, limited number and internet booking mandatory). Otherwise normal price: 55 euros (1/2 pers) or 70 euros (3/4 pers.)
- Resid'Hotel (79 Bd Vivier Merle, 3e, beside Première classe hotel) : 59/65 euros (studio per 2 pers.), 112 euros (studio or 2 rooms per 4 pers.)
Hostels / Backpacker hotels
- Vieux Lyon Hostel (41-45 montée du Chemin Neuf, 5e, Métro D: Vieux-Lyon, 25 min from Epitech by subway) : from 23,30 euros per pers. per night in dormitory, breakfast included. Beautiful view !
- Cool and Bed (32 quai Arloing, 9e, Métro D: Valmy, 30 min. from Epitech by subway) : 20/22,50 euros per pers. and per night in dormitory.
Saturday 23rd : "the interchange"
starting at 10:00: conferences, talks
starting at 16:00: OpenStreetMap France General Assembly
evening: a diner is planned (more details to come)
Sunday 24th : "the construction site"
from 10:00 to 18:00 workshops, hacking, co-working, brainstorming...