There are different ways to collect OSM data. The current hardware trends show that in the future more and more hardware like table PCs will be in use.
Because the workflow is less other then a standard PC - the main input device is a stylus - this should be a platform for this user.
A primary tablet PC could be a good collection-tool for POIs in cities and the OSM data must not be provid online.
By Ubuntu 10.10 - Maverick Meerkat it is possible to use the touchscreen at a tablepc. It is very helpfull to install the packet matchbox-keyboard to get a virtuell panel. --Lübeck 14:41, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Asus Eee PC 101 MT
- Apple iPad - kind of a tablet PC. Only runs iPad apps.
- "DroidPads" will start to come out from various manufacturers. These are tablet PCs running Android
Special requirement for editors
- more buttons for use of mouse-button-functions
- look to the josm-wish-ticket.
- Tablet PC will be used outdoor. A possible way to use a GPS receiver would be via the bluetooth interface. Ulfl created a good tutorial for this work - by using gpsd.
- For JOSM you can use the plugins LiveGPS and Surveyor.
- An other JOSM-PlugIn is touchscreenhelper - this plugin implemente a button to move the drawing area. --Jan Tappenbeck 14:10, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- insert here...