|amenity = game_feeding|
|A game feeding place|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
This is for a place where food is provided for wild-living animals. The food can be put in a manger or spread plain on the ground. The feeding season depends on the climate and the type of game. Game feeding places can usually be easily identified even outside the season due to the presence of food containers, food remnants, and the lack of vegetation. Such a place can be used as a landmark by hikers etc., but access may be prohibited during feeding season.
Note that this tag is non-standard. Other suggestions include:
- amenity=deer_feeding with a more specific meaning
- amenity=wildlife_feeding with a more general meaning
- amenity=feeding_place with an even more general meaning
- amenity=manger, amenity=feeding_rack, amenity=cratch, man_made=cratch with focus on the physical object instead of its function
- man_made=animal_feeding This seems wrong, because the manger, not the feeding, is a man-made object.