From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|amenity = hunting_stand|
|An open or enclosed platforms used by hunters to place themselves at an elevated height above the terrain.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Hunting stands (or) are open or enclosed platforms used by hunters to place themselves at an elevated height above the terrain.
How to map?
Place a node and add a tag amenity=hunting_stand to it.
Tags to use in combination
- shelter=yes - hunting stand has a roof
- height=* - height (number without m)
- hide=yes/no - enclosed stands that almost look like a shed
- lockable=yes - is it lockable?
- ladder=yes - does it have ladder? (maybe unnecessary, implied by raised=yes/no)
- raised=yes/no - is it raised over terrain or is it on earth level only?
Differentiation by design:
Combination of amenity=hunting_stand with
- hunting_stand=tree_stand or tree=yes - hunting stand placed on a tree
- hunting_stand=hide - hunting stand on an earth level
- hunting_stand=raised_hide or raised=yes - (locked) raised enclosed hunting stand
Additional tags which should not be used:
blind=yes- hunting stand is masked — please use hide instead, blind collides with tagging for the blind, see OSM for the blind.
lock=yes/no- hunting stand is lockable — there is a conflict with Key:lock
Related terms: ‹ hunting stand ›