| +/- amenity=restaurant
Is for a generally formal place with sit-down facilities selling full meals served by waiters and often licensed (where allowed) to sell alcoholic drinks.
amenity=restaurant is for a generally formal place with sit-down facilities selling full meals served by waiters and often licensed (where allowed) to sell alcoholic drinks.
How to Map
Add a node at the centre of the building and add amenity=restaurant to it. You can name it with name=*. If the whole building is used for this feature and its footprint is present in OSM, you can apply the tags on the area if you prefer.
Optionally, you can further classify it using the cuisine=* tag with a value suitable for your nation's environment and culture. For top class (expensive!) restaurants, this can be cuisine=fine_dining. In many cases, this can be the ethnicity of the food, for example cuisine=thai or the type of food, for example cuisine=steak
If the restaurant / the chef has been awarded some award like Michelin stars, you can specify this using the key award:*=*, e.g. in the case of Michelin use award:michelin=*. Do better not use stars=* for this as it is too generic and allows to tag only one award system.
- name=Peking Garden
- cuisine=chinese - see OpenGastroMap.de
- smoking=yes/no/separated - see OpenGastroMap.org
- cuisine=* - for describing the ethnicity or type of the food served.
- diet=* - for describing dietary choices on offer such as vegetarian.
- opening_hours=* - for describing the opening hours.
- payment=* - for describing the payment methods accepted
- stars=* - for describing Michelin stars. - better use a less generic tagging system like "award:michelin=", see below
- award=* - See this proposal for a more universal award tagging system
- website=* - for providing a link to a restaurant's website.
- contact:website=* - another (less frequently used) way for providing a link to a restaurant's website.
- wheelchair=yes/no/limited - To indicate if the location is accessible with a wheelchair.
- drive_in=yes/no - To indicate if a restaurant offers drive-in service. See Drive-in for more information.
- brewery=* - Brewery, which beer is sold.
- takeaway=* - yes/no/only/seasonal. Does the amenity offer anything to take away.
Related terms: <joint> <bar> <restaurant>