|barrier = ditch|
|A man made ditch or trench to prevent access to the other side.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
A ditch or a trench is a long and narrow way dug in the ground.
The characteristics of a ditch are: it is a man made structure and its primary use is to prevent access to the other side. They may contain little water or even be dry most of the year.
How to map
Draw a way along the ditch location and add tag barrier=ditch.
Remember that any barrier tag may interpreted as impassible for pedestrians. Leave a gap in the barrier where you can pass the ditch on foot and map bridges.
It is not possible to route along this feature.
- width=* to indicate the width of the ditch.
- intermittent=yes for ditches that may be either dry or with present water
- ditch=ha_ha for the particular type of trench as an ornamental garden feature known as a "ha-ha" (wikipedia:Ha-ha).
- waterway=ditch if the ditch contains water.
- waterway=stream for a thin naturally-forming waterway.
- waterway=drain for a thin artificial waterway.