From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|defensive = bergfried|
|Bergfried - non-residential defensive tower of a medieval castle|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
How to map
- man_made=tower - mandatory
- tower:type=defensive - mandatory
- name=* - name of the tower
- historic=yes - mandatory
- building=yes - it is a building
- tourism=viewpoint - if it functions as a lookout tower or place a separate node for viewpoint.
- access=yes - the tower is accessible
- height=* - height of the tower in meters
- width=* - thickness of the tower's wall
- heritage=yes - protected by some heritage organisation
You can use the tag building:condition=state to indicate the condition of the tower.
If it is ruined, add the tag ruins=yes.
- Leisnig, Burg Mildenstein - bergfrit der Kernburg (02-2).jpg
Leisnig, Bergfried Mildenstein - Interior view
- defensive=donjon - historical residential fortified tower in countries under French influence
- defensive=keep - historical residential fortified tower in countries under English influence