From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|fortification_type = sconce|
|Sconce - a small protective fortification built from the late Middle Ages until the 19th century.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a small protective fortification, such as an earthwork, often placed on a mound as a defensive work for artillery. It was used primarily in Northern Europe from the late Middle Ages until the 19th century.
How to Map
Tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the fortification
- tourism=attraction - if the fortification is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - fortification is registered by an official heritage organisation.