|highway = steps|
|For flights of steps on footways.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
For flights of steps on footways.
How to map
Add a way along the length of the steps with the tag highway=steps on it.
Indicate which direction the steps go up or down by using the tag incline=up — when the direction of the way points upwards — or the tag incline=down, respectively. By convention, the direction of the way should preferably point uphill, but the key incline=* should always be added to the way (see the talk page for more details).
Add a name=* if the steps have a special name.
tactile_paving=yes/(no)/incorrect if there is a paving on both ends of the steps that can be found with a blind person's stick.
- There is the possibility to tag staircases as a node, but the discussion is still on it. (For more please see the discussions tab above)
- Ramps that are part of a highway=steps can be described using the tags on Key:ramp
- Proposed features/Access Ramp is a proposal for tagging independent ramps
- Relations/Proposed/Area#Area-steps for mapping area steps
- User:Marek kleciak/Stairs modelling some ideas regarding modeling more details
- Proposed features/Steps features for additional tags describing steps
See Bremen for reference.