|landuse = cemetery|
|Used to mark a cemetery area|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
This tag is used for a cemetery that isn't close to a place of worship. In most (European) countries, there is a difference between amenity=grave_yard and landuse=cemetery. Cemeteries are usually independent of places of worship (e.g. military cemeteries), while grave yards are usually the yard of a place of worship.
How to map
- landuse=religious - land for religious purposes, that are not cemeteries
- historic=tomb (and subtags for tomb=* on Proposed_features/tombs#Subtagging_types)
- historic=archaeological_site and site_type=necropolis
- cemetery=sector - for tagging sectors of cemeteries (proposed)
- Proposal cemetery sector: Proposed_features/Cemetery_sector
See also the german page(de).
Common/Possible Tagging Mistakesamenity=cemetery - If you know places with this tag, verify if it could be tagged with another tag. Automated edits are strongly discouraged unless you really know what you are doing!