|This page is being considered for cleanup. Please discuss this page.|
|landuse = forest|
|Forest. Sometimes considered to have restricted meaning "Managed woodland or woodland plantation".|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Managed woodland or woodland plantation.
There are major differences in the way this tag & natural=wood are used by some Openstreetmap users. Some use this tag for land primarily managed for timber production, others uses if for woodland that is in some way maintained by humans, some for any forest. This problem is explained in the page Forest.
landuse=forest applies to nodes and areas
- name=* - name of the forest
- leaf_type=broadleaved/needleleaved/mixed - describes the type of leaves.
- leaf_cycle=deciduous/evergreen/mixed - describes the phenology of leaves.
wood=coniferous/deciduous/mixed- type of wood. This key is deprecated! type=deciduous/evergreen/shrubs/mixed- for reasons why type is not desirable, see type=*
- crop=* - Describes the type of crop
Green area. When leaf_type=* is set, show little broad leaved or coniferous (or both) icons.
- Proposed features/leaftype - Proposal for new keys leaf_type and leaf_cycle
- When should we use landuse=forest rather than natural=wood? on help.openstreetmap.org
- Vegetation - summary of tags for various types of trees and plants
Related OSM projects
Wiki for all environment and natural tags and projects Environmental_OSM