From OpenStreetMap Wiki
| landuse = quarry
|Surface mineral extraction|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: De facto|
|Tools for this tag|
A quarry, ie an area of land used for surface mineral extraction.
Place a node or draw an area around the quarry, and tag it as landuse=quarry.
- name=* - the name of the quarry
- operator=* - the company operating the quarry
- resource=* - the mineral resource being extracted
For underground mining, see:
- man_made=mineshaft - entrance to a vertical tunnel
- man_made=adit - entrance to an underground mine which is horizontal or nearly horizontal
Related terms: <quarry>