From OpenStreetMap Wiki
| +/- landuse=quarry
Surface mineral extraction
A quarry, ie an area of land used for surface mineral extraction.
Place a node or draw an area around the quarry, and tag it as landuse=quarry.
- name=* - the name of the quarry
- operator=* - the company operating the quarry
- resource=* - the mineral resource being extracted
For underground mining, see:
- man_made=mineshaft - entrance to a vertical tunnel
- man_made=adit - entrance to an underground mine which is horizontal or nearly horizontal
|This tag page is a stub. You can help OpenStreetMap by expanding it.
Similar pages for structural reference; Tag:railway=tram, Tag:waterway=dock
Related terms: <quarry>