From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|natural = peak|
|The top (summit) of a hill or mountain.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
The top (summit) of a hill or mountain. Mapped as a node, only.
- natural=peak is immaterial and maps the highest point of a natural or renaturalised physical feature.
- name=* - for adding the name of the peak.
- wikipedia=* - for providing a wikipedia.org link - many major peaks have an entry.
- ele=* - for providing an elevation / altitude in metres above sea level ... if you know it.
- natural=volcano - for volcanos.
- natural=saddle - for saddle points.
- man_made=cross or man_made=summit_cross or summit:cross=yes - for summit crosses, see discussion page.
- summit:register=yes - suggested tag for summit register (aka book, log), see discussion page.
- man_made=cairn - a pile of stones
- man_made=monitoring_station - for weather stations
- man_made=tower - for lookouts and senders
- tourism=artwork - for artistic objects present on some peaks
Related terms: ‹ acme › ‹ tip › ‹ crest › ‹ top › ‹ crown › ‹ summit › ‹ climax › ‹ pinnacle › ‹ peak ›
- Enhancing natural=peak tag - proposition (RFC)