From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|shelter_type = lean_to|
|A lean-to is a shed with typically three walls located in the countryside intended to provide shelter.|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: In use|
|Tools for this tag|
Ais a shed with typically three walls located in the countryside intended to provide shelter.
Required properties :
- Rough shelter with typically three walls found in the countryside
- The access is usually restricted to foot, mountain bike or ski.
- Free rent, open to the public
- Not fully closed, at least one open wall
- Has floor, suitable for sleeping only with proper equipment to prevent cold and bugs
- No fireplace inside
- Normally made of wood.
- Optional owner access through restricted tracks might still be possible.
Other useful generic tags :
- ele=* elevation
- name=* name
- capacity=* sleeping capacity
- description=* fill more information with text
- operator=* typically used to indicate huts owned or maintained by a specific organisation. E.g. administration of forest or national parks.