From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|site_type = petroglyph|
|To specify an archaeological site as a petroglyph - rock carving.|
|Rendering in openstreetmap-carto|
|Used on these elements|
|Status: in use|
|Tools for this tag|
is image created by removing part of a rock surface by incising, picking, carving, or abrading, as a form of rock art.
How to map
Tag it with
Tags to use in combination
- wikipedia=* - a link to Wikipedia's article
- wikidata=* - an ID of the specific Wikidata item
- historic:civilization=* (or more precise subtags) - the civilization (culture) that originally created the feature
- tourism=attraction - if it is a tourist attraction.
- heritage=* - if it is registered by an official heritage organisation.