|tourism = wilderness_hut|
|A remote building, with generally a fireplace, intended to provide temporary shelter and sleeping accommodation, typically un-serviced and with no staff.|
|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
Wilderness hut or backcountry hut is a remote building, with generally a fireplace, intended to provide temporary shelter and sleeping accommodation (un-serviced, no staff present).
- See on Wikipedia, on Wikipedia, on Wikipedia
A wilderness hut is an un-serviced remote building with fireplace intended to provide shelter and sleeping accommodation.
Required properties :
- Remote building found in the countryside
- The access is usually restricted to foot, mountain bike or ski.
- Free rent, open to the public, but may require overnight fee in some country (for huts for rent use tourism=chalet instead)
- No permanent human presence, no staff
- You will find suitable sleeping places
- Fireplace or stove for cooking and heating
- Fully closed (roof and walls)
Typically made of stone or wood. May need for keys to enter, owner access through restricted tracks might still be possible, also access by cablelift or helicopter.
|shower||yes/no||Are showers available. If showers are available inside (or aside). If this is at a measurable distance (given your recording method) record it as a separate point with amenity=shower|
|mattress||yes/no||Are mattress available|
|drinking_water=*||yes/no||If water is available inside (or aside). If there is a drinking_water or spring available at a measurable distance (given your recording method) record it as a separate point with amenity=drinking_water|
|toilets||yes/no||If toilets are available inside (or aside). If this is at a measurable distance (given your recording method) record it as a separate point with amenity=toilets|
| yes - reservation is possible|
no - there is no reservation option for this amenity
required - you have to reserve if you want to sleep at the hut
recommended - you should make a reservation
members_only - reservation is only possible for members of the organisation running the hut
|access=*||private||the hut is locked and can be used only with permission of the owner|
Other useful generic tags :
- ele=* elevation
- name=* name
- capacity=* sleeping capacity
- fee=yes require overnight fee
- description=* fill more information with text
- access=* useful values are access=yes and access=private. NOTE. This tag should not be confused with the status of the operator (e.g., DAV/CAF/SAC owned vs. privately owned. Private would indicate that the hut is only open to members or associates of the owning organisation (this is the typical status for mountain huts in the UK, see discussion).
- operator=* typically used to indicate huts owned or maintained by a specific organisation. E.g. [Mountain Bothy Association], [Österreichischer Alpenverein], administration of forest or national parks.
- Further examples of huts (and shelters): Huts and Shelters