Licence compatibility question
- I had a phone conversation with Stephen and the email was a formal way of allowing us to document this. Essentially the phone call said that the data is fully open (they don't want people copyrighting data either) and the only reason they have the license is to protect themselves from being sued for incorrect data. Stephen is the one in charge for creating/maintaining this data, so his approval should be good enough for us to proceed, other than that this becomes bureaucracy
- License: http://ottawa.ca/en/mobile-apps-and-open-data/terms-use#license
- It does say that attribution is not required, but I would like to link back to the original dataset page on every upload (http://data.ottawa.ca/dataset)
- Updated permission with my initial request
- --James2432 (talk) 19:04, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
- At first glance, there are a couple of problem terms in the Ottawa licence:
Emailing the cityof Ottawa they have said they have plans to release the data under the open Canada gov liscense, until then the liscense is incompatible
- I see this is an old discussion from 2015.
- In Jan 2017 better licensing was agreed. Details here: Canada:Ontario:Ottawa/Import/Permission
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 00:49, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
OC Transpo import
moved off the main page
Is there more information on the import process on the tasking manager here: http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/31#task/58 ? It says the data are available under "Extra Instructions", but there are no extra instructions -- User:Scruss 01:29, 25 January 2017
Status of the import?
Do I understand correctly that Buildings and Addresses have been imported? (completely?) This page current gives the status of these datasets as "Documented" and "Documentation in progress". So... needs updates I guess -- Harry Wood (talk) 22:56, 17 May 2017 (UTC)