Talk:Proposed features/Disc golf course
I created this proposal to because I wasn't sure how to mark an disc golf course. (My fist wiki-page the title became incorrect, missing the "Proposed Feature/"-part.. Anybody who knows how to fix that?) Also the sport=disc_golf is also in proposal-phase
As I see it there is two possibilities to tag this: 1. As this proposal states. 2. leisure=golf_course and sport=disc_golf
The first have as I see it the Pros & Cons: Pro: 34 tags already exists so it's maybe already a "standard" way to tag disc golf courses. Con: New tag
The second: Pro: No new tag Con: leisure=golf_course implies sport=golf right now so many of the 17000+ tags probably isn't combined with sport=golf. --Thod 14:56, 23 October 2011 (BST)
- Go with the proposed (1), new values on leisure shouldn´t be any problem. The problem with using the ordinary golf_course (2) is as you say, that it is so closely associated with ordinary golf and I do not think there is much disc_golfing on an ordinary golf_course and near zero chance of encountering some golf playing on a disc_golf course.
- By the way, I can contribute with a third alternative:
- 3. leisure=park and sport=disc_golf (or replace leisure-tag with natural=forest/heath or whatever the environment is that the holes are located in).
- /Johan Jönsson 16:46, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
- i also like nr1 best. Nr3 can be good in our city (i belive we are from the same city.). But I belive (seen on www) tjat there are dedicated courses in the Us. Now i am leaving the web for 2-3weeks after that i might call for à vote.--Thod 14:51, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- I'm about to tag up a local course and have the holes half traced My vote will go with proposal 1. A separate leisure tag would make the most sense and prevent conflicts with the ball golf courses, both full and mini which I want to add. I lean towards tagging the area with general course info and building the holes as references. Where will the voting be tallied and have you attempted to contact any of the other people who have already used the tag if it predates the proposal?Rjhawkin (talk) 02:36, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Ready for vote
I am about to make this official and calling a vote. I would like to change some small things first: change to "An area with a course used for playing disc golf" or something less general like that /Johan Jönsson 17:40, 25 March 2012 (BST)
I would vote as the proposal states (leisure=disc_golf_course) and believe this to be a good addition to OSM if these areas are mapped. /MMN-o 14:19, 30 March 2013 (CET)
So .. how did the vote go? This proposal is from 2011. If it's approved, can the appropriate wiki-pages be updated? (yes, I am thouroughly confused as to how to tag a disc golf course) --Renelm (talk) 21:00, 26 June 2014 (UTC)