I would like a link on this page to upgrade instructions? what is the procedure for replacing your josm-tested and the updating the plugins? -- User:Chrismcnally 14:59, 20 February 2010
- Yes I've added a section the page there now on upgrading.
- Broadly speaking... you just update the jar file!
- If it's more complicated than that, then it's because you've installed it in some platform specific way, so see the particular sub-page for your platform ... although I can't promise the question will be answered there (yet), for example nobody answered the same question for me yet on here: Talk:JOSM/Mac#How to update the JOSM package?
- -- Harry Wood 00:26, 31 August 2012 (BST)
It seems a bad idea to advertise insecure links nowadays. Unfortunately the https://josm.openstreetmap.de certificate is self-signed so linking that directly isn't so good either as most browser will respond with a security warning. The jar can be checked with jarsigner except that it is impossible to find the keys that need to be imported to do so.. any ideas? RicoZ (talk) 17:00, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
- A self signed certificate is better than plain HTTP and the CA certificate system is broken anyway. Sha1: 26:8B:4D:CB:AD ... md5: 52:B6:3C:A8:97 ... for me. No, sorry, no other ideas from my side. Maybe the developers could offer GPG signatures... --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 00:23, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
3 of 4 Mirrors are down
Those seem to be down (404, "not found", ...):
Will they come back online? Moved directory? Are there other replacements? --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 13:30, 29 July 2014 (UTC). Removed the dead ones on JOSM/Installation. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 15:03, 21 August 2014 (UTC)