On some parking lots, you do not have to pay e.g. for motorcycles (only for cars and buses). There should be a value to define that, e.g. fee=motorcar. --Plasmon 12:22, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
There should also be something to say how much different vehicles pay.I suggest: fee:car=x fee:bike=y fee:lorry=z
This is very important for toll roads and such, and would also work for the first comment in 2009.--www.usergenerateddesign.com 12:16, 4 May 2011 (BST)
How do I indicate the timelimits for paying a parking fee? E.g.: One has to pay only on working days from 7:00 to 19:00 hrs. --ALE! 15:23, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
- Some use fee:times=Mo-Fr 07:00-19:00. There could be other keys that others use to record the times, but the value format is still described at Key:opening_hours. No software uses the data, yet, so they can be later converted to a common key, if necessary. Alv 15:35, 3 January 2010 (UTC)
Amount of the fee
Please do not use other values than yes/no
For the parking map, I evaluate whether a parking lot is paid or free using the fee=*. However, I am unable to decide if there are other values than yes/no in the database. Here are some values I found:
- 1,50 €/h
- How to tag that fee is charged after first 15 minutes? fee:except=15min? -- Joosep-Georg 20:52, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
Free or lower fee for disabled persons and their helpers
I would like to use:
- fee:disabled=* for different fees for disabled persons
- fee:disabled_assistant=* for different fees for disabled persons' companions
Toll/fee tagging details
The details of tagging tolls and fees don't seem to be completely documented. I tagged the 4 toll entrances to Monterey Peninsula (Pebble Beach / 17 Mile Drive area) today as follows:
- The toll booth has one of barrier:forward=toll_booth, barrier:backward=toll_booth or barrier=toll_booth depending on the direction of the way and whether the in/out roadways are separated or not. Example: 89985692.
- The toll booth also has fee:automobile=$10 because it costs USD 10 per car for the general public to drive into the area. (I failed to ask about truck/bus/motorcycle/bicycle/pedestrian/horse tolls.)
- The roadway just inside the toll booth has toll=yes. When the roadways are separated, the entire one-way section through the toll booth has toll=yes. Example: 10474842.
- Is this the proper usage of toll=* and fee=* tags?
- Should all the roadways inside the toll area be tagged with toll=yes?