Proposals for the Trees list
Use this section to submit new trees and berry shrubs
- I like this proposal. FrViPofm 14:48, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- should that be 'hop_plants'? but should _plants should appear in a tree sub catagory?
Cleanup of tree list
There was a mix up of common names of fruits like 'apple' and the plural 'apples'. Also of the denotation of the type of plant: tree, and plural trees, palm/palms
Last but not least the list contains palm plants (coconut palm), shrub (blackberry, blueberry, ...)
Most common before clean up was fruit + plant type. Therefor the standard should be as this example: apple_trees (fruit + plural of plant type).
Next cleanup - without translations
The existing list with several implemented translations is a bit confusing. There exist already a list in French and Portugues and Japanese within landuse=orchard. I propose to eliminate the translations in the english list. The translations could be done in separate language pages, as it is common usage in the wiki.
- Done. Created also two language-pages in German and French. The old list can be found at Key:trees/list for historical reference. --Rudolf (talk) 06:56, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- trees=oaks with produce=truffles or produce=cork
Already used values, missing in tree-list:
- trees=cork_oaks - IMO better than trees=oaks with produce=cork.
- Orchard has a distinct meaning, related to fruit trees grown for their fruit. It can be extended to some non tree shrubby crops, including cane fruit (raspberries, et.c.), but should not be used for non food production. Rubber trees, oil palms, cork oak et.c. should be excluded, if only because most English speakers will tend not to use this tag. I suggest that these crops be placed under 'landuse = plantation'. Indigomc (talk) 06:53, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
elder is the common name of Sambucus. It is a very common plant and many people search for it to produce e.g. sirups.