Discuss the Leeds page here:
No Yahoo Coverage (2007)
Strange that Leeds is not covered by Yahoo! Aerial Imagery: http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband/#mvt=s&trf=0&lon=-1.549544&lat=53.788585&mag=4 Keep an eye on it though, because there's been several UK cities added to their coverage recently. -- Harry Wood 17:46, 10 August 2007 (BST)
- Bing coverage quite good, if a littled dated (2000). Alignment in centre at high zoom levels appears to be excellent too (at least via JOSM Imagery Plugin) --Pobice 13:02, 5 December 2010 (UTC)
Free bus route map
I see route:bus is a listed feature and I was thinking of adding the route of the free bus to OSM: http://www.wymetro.com/BusTravel/FCB.htm
I have the GPS trace of the route with the bus stops, but should I add new segments and a new way for this, or reuse existing segments and ways somehow?
--LeedsTracker 14:18, 12 September 2007 (BST)
- As an updated response to this one... Bus route mapping using relations is now firmly established, and documented in various places. See Tag:type=route#Public_Transport_Routes. Add the road ways to a relation and set the tags: type=route, route=bus, name=FCB onto the relation. We can even see these things rendered on e.g.
- See the leeds bus routes on the transport map
- I guess some Leeds mappers have figured all of this out already!
- -- Harry Wood 17:40, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
The A58(M)and sorunding roads need some work. The slip road for Jimmy's appears to be in the wrong place, but that may be because no one can work how to represent (or even add to the map) the fact it joins up with the road running under that part of the A58(M). Any tips of working with JOSM for overlaping roads such as this?
I've recently added in a missing tunnel and marked up a few bugs using the Openstreetmap bugs site. I've also had a go at mapping the junction area around Beckett Street and the Department of Health street a bit better using the GPX data thats there are traces and photographs collected when on the way to and from jimmys. The road numbers & grades need adding/correcting and I've possibly missing a connection or two. --Pobice 21:44, 9 March 2009 (UTC)
- Overlapping roads - in JOSM, create the road roughly first, connected to the right nodes, then drag points to correctly place it. I've done this with the slip road to Beckett St, from memory, and tagged it as highway=road and layer=-1. Not been that way for a while but know that bit under the A58M you mean. --LeedsTracker 00:28, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Cheers. I've had another go at the junction based on the photos I've taken. I think I've got the top half of the junction just about right. I should be back over that way in a months time so I'll try and take a bunch more photos to confirm. The bottom half probably still needs some work, but I haven't been that way for at least a year, and as I don't drive myself probably won't for a while. --Pobice 20:26, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Is that primary road behind Quarry House really an A road? --LeedsTracker 00:28, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure which one you are refering to there. A61 or A64? If its the A64 then very probably as it sign posted as A64(M) when it turns into the motorway.--Pobice 20:26, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- I've been down the junction again, this time down the A61(marsh lane) and have improved things again. Should be back on wednesday to hopefully nail the top half.
- If anyone fancys a drive- the new A61 flyover and M621 links need doing.-Pobice 23:36, 30 March 2009 (UTC)