Talk:Proposed features/All you can eat
I suggest to explicitly give the list of possible service type for all_you_can_eat, and I prefer to avoid using swedish or brazilian language (I don't even have å on my keyboard !). I don't know what Rodízio mean, but with the wikipedia link, I'd say this exists where I live.
- all_you_can_eat:type=table_service : food is brought to you when you request it or when the waiter sees your plate is empty
Isn't a Smörgåsbord equivalent to a buffet ?
- Thanks for the feedback. I agree I should provide more possible values for the list of serving systems (and try to document them better), however I still want to keep it as an open set, since I don't think I can enumerate all possible values.
- Also, I am going to remove all_you_can_eat:type, and create a new tag named serving_system
- Since people insist, I think I am going to remove the diacritics from rodízio and smörgåsbord, but I can't say I'm happy to do this, because it feels like going back to the 90's where we only had ASCII.
- I can't say for sure if smörgåsbord is different than a buffet, but as far as I understood the difference is: buffet usually uses a special kind of table that keeps food warm(with hot water below the food), while a smörgåsbord does not(it uses a plain table).--Jgpacker (talk) 20:35, 17 February 2014 (UTC)