Talk:Proposed features/Beach and bathing water quality
Generic key for bathing quality
The EU is not the world and vice-versa so I would really like to see a more generic key for bathing water quality. Why not use something like bathing_water_quality=excellent|good|...|dont_put_your_toes_in_it? Then we define some kind of mapping of the EU water quality to our system. So we could incorporate also other ratings and data consumers can be kept simple. --Imagic 19:53, 26 August 2012 (BST)
- Sounds nice, there usually are demands on having some kind of prefixed key. Could we use tourism: maybe, or award: as proposed?
- If we leave the prefix-discussion, I propose this:
- bathing_water:water_type= sea/river/lake/estuary
- bathing_water:sea_water=yes/no or maybe sea/fresh
- something similar could be used for drinking_water:quality. That might settle the potable versus drinkable-discussion.
- /Johan Jönsson 18:40, 19 September 2012 (BST)
We need to mark water quality as well. We are a non-profit organization residing in Denmark. Our municipalities sometimes use their own classifications of water quality. How about a polygon with a default distance from the seashore (like 300 meters) where the polygon is color filled according to bathing_water_rendition=some color?. It should be easy for non-technical users to see the water quality on a long stretch of beach. FKBN 07:41, 30 March 2013 (BST)