8 Aug 2015 thibdrev
Hi there, I am also looking for the best way to tag "crèches" in France. Any idea when we'll have a validated tag?
- (thibdrev) I don't think we really need this min_age / max age tage in France, since "crèches" are all from a few months to 3 years. But I might be missing something. But yes, it could be added if needed.
- Even if you create a french subtag that implies the age, it would help from a global perspective to see what age group a particular institution is for.
In France (world) we've currently got:
|Key:Value||taginfo (France)||taginfo (world)||comment|
|amenity=kindergarten||3878||140417||Mostly used to tag "École maternelle" (which in France is school for children over 3 years), not "crèches". It is usually combined with school:FR=maternelle, in accordance with the French wiki.
|amenity=nursery||355||524||Used to tag "crèches" but nothing yet on the French wiki. The most used tag for "crèches" in France.
|amenity=childcare||266||3586||Used to tag "crèches" in accordance with the French wiki.
|amenity=creche||19||88||Used to tag "crèches" but nothing yet on the French wiki.|
I am currently thinking in using either:
- amenity=nursery (currently the most used tag in France).
- amenity=childcare (recommended on the French wiki).
- amenity=kindergarten + kindergarten:FR=crèche ; crèche_collective ; halte-garderie ; jardin_enfants; crèche_familiale ; multi-accueil ; mini-crèche with kindergarten:FR in accordance with the French Minister of National Education sorting.
The last one seems the most interesting to me, since:
- It makes use of a validated tag: amenity=kindergarten; and
- Crèches in France can be of different types, and most crèches in France already tagged do specify this information in their name=*. But the type information should be stored in a specific key, not in the name=*. Pretty much like the school:FR=* already in use.
Therefore we would have:
Instead of currently often having:
- Yes I like your proposal to have amenity=kindergarten as the umbrella key, and make specifications in subtags. You can also add min_age=* and max_age=* to give age limits.
Crèche organization in France (from Wikipédia):
Often from 3 months to 4 years, 6 in some cases (and from 2 to 6 years for the "jardins d'enfant").
|Crèche parentale (ou crèche à gestion parentale)|
|Crèche familiale (ou service d’accueil familial)|