There are an increasing number of radio and television studios, both public service and independent production companies. Some are open to the public for various events and tours. Most cities in the UK and many large towns will have a studio, at least for radio. This tag could apply to a music recording studio too.
key=operator value=<name of the operator>
key=name value=<name of the studio>
I would not consider this to be an amenity. Maybe a building? --Hawke 19:17, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- the fact it's a building is irrelevant, that's just a container to house it in. a studio could be in a military bunker (sure someone does, can't remember who), or an underground bank vault (see aphex twin). if it is in a building, i think that should be tagged separately. maybe we need another top-level tag, for less important facilities (a recording studio isn't really on the same importance level as a hospital, or lawyer's office)? Myfanwy 19:44, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- I think amenity is appropriate - it is a place that people visit to do something (e.g. make a recording or programme). It is also a building, so are many amenities. Chillly 22:35, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
Maybe we could include newspaper publishers in this proposal. Perhaps amenity=media, type=audio|video|print? --Michael gd 19:31, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- i see what you're getting at, and i do like the idea of an elegant set of tags which that would generally fit with, but it isn't exactly right. a studio is not necessarily media (as in newspapers/tv). it can be recording voice overs for educational/training videos, pre-recorded automated announcements for train stations/airports, and a range of other things. Myfanwy 19:40, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- I think studios are different from newspapers. There are sometimes events at studios and people visit studios to make a recording or programme. Newspapers offices are really just that - offices. Chillly 22:35, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
Missing photo studio in OSM. Place where staff using professional equipement making high quality photo images for customers.
--Skystis 17:29, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
Is open, until 2008-02-06
- i approve this proposal Myfanwy 18:52, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal Chillly 19:41, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal Ulfl 01:49, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal Bilbo 01:48, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal ShakespeareFan00 21:27, 19 February 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal --dieterdreist 16:04, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal --Sergionaranja 20:53, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Smsm1 10:51, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
problematic use of the "type" key
The use of "type" as a key is a bad idea. Mapping an audio studio as a multipolygon (type=multipolygon) would not work, for example. Can we choose another key instead, such as "studio_type"? --Tordanik 07:41, 30 April 2014 (UTC)
What about artist's workshops, a.k.a studio in English (or atelier in American English and German)? See Wikipedia on Studio
The Map Features Craft section appears to define the "craft" key for that.