Is it really necessary to have additional main tag for larger amount of drinkable water ? All of this could be handled by one tag, either amenity=drinkable_water with appriopiate subtag for size/amount, or even better with amenity=water_point with subtags for size/amount and drinkable. And what with man_made=water_well + pump=powered ? Is it also amenity drinkable_water / water_point ? Rafmar (talk) 00:43, 28 July 2014 (UTC)
- +1 ! Too much !
- KISS ! We already have enough tags !
- amenity=water_point (or better amenity=water_supply) + amount=* + drinking_water=* + man_made=fountain/water_well/trough/wash_house + access=* would fit !
- and it is to the renderer to chose the aspect(s) being rendered (drinkable for hiking maps, construction, tourism, nature...).
- Or we will soon have more values amenity=plant_watering_place, amenity=chicken_watering_place
- --FrViPofm (talk) 22:06, 25 September 2014 (UTC)