propose delete - No falles have been mapped
I don't know what this is. Obviously I might just be ignorant.
...but no. Nobody has mapped a single craft=falles in the database. Not once. Note this is the same situation as Tag:craft=bonfires tag created by the same person.
Since nobody has found a falles craftman to map, I suggest we remove this documentation.
-- Harry Wood 10:56, 28 March 2012 (BST)
- I am the guilty one of making the wiki pages of Tag:craft=bonfires and Tag:craft=falles because it appears on Map Features. IMO Tags appearing on Map Features must have a documented page to show its use, additional tags, and some expleinational if it is not commonly known what it is. When such tags appear on Map Features I automatically assume that at least the person adding it have used it, and are able to document how to use it. --Skippern 18:33, 9 September 2012 (BST)
- I agree with your idea that every tag which is on Map Features should have a wiki page giving more details yes (I see there's a few sports tags still as red links just now). Somebody coming up with a new tag should (I think) create a description page *before* they link to that from Map Features (*if* they link to it from Map Features. I also think we need to move to a situation where Map Features doesn't necessarily have to include every tag). If things don't happen in that order, then we either need to create the description page (as you have done here), or...
- ...delete the tag off Map Features. Just the fact that the original person didn't create the description page could be taken as an indication that the tag isn't well thought through. But more importantly this tag doesn't exist in the database, which is a big hint that it's a bad tag to be documenting.
- So now I propose we wind back this process. We start by removing it from map features, so that this is demoted to being a minor orphan tag doc. Later we can just drop the page completely. Likewise for Tag:craft=bonfires
- -- Harry Wood (talk) 14:07, 27 February 2013 (UTC)