Talk:Tag:man made=street cabinet
Additional tag values
- You can explain them here with one or two photos and they should be added if they don't get any objection. Fanfouer (talk) 12:32, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
two different "Gomi Stations" in Japan. The cabinets are permanent (not dumpsters or cans), immobile, and long-lived (these are probably 15 years old or so). While they are for public garbage collection, they are not for general use by the public -so it is not a public trash can. Only people living in the area designated for each station may place their residential garbage inside. Similar to the mail distribution box, They are used as a transfer point for non-technical material. There is one station for roughly 20 houses or one large apartment building, so they appear with the same frequency as the other cabinets throughout Japan (read: there are thousands and thousands of them in each region). Javbw (talk)
- I think street_cabinet=waste is appropriate, thank you for pictures. Do you see any additional tag to add to such an example ? Fanfouer (talk) 08:15, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
- nothing beyond the standard operator tag. Usually there is no ref or other name given to them at all. Perhaps sugeest to use with access=designated? Only designated people can use it? Because there is no question as to which one is "yours."
On naming of newly voted man_made=street_cabinet
A few old & new proposals for actual naming are:
man_made=street_cabinet, technical_cabinet, outdoor_cabinet, cabinet
is implicitly rejecting 'countryside cabinet' or cabinets in motorways, parks, fields, train stations, airports and so on.
- Yeah I would rather agree.
- We also have the highway=* tag to describe one and each road, not only high-speed ways between major cities. Fanfouer (talk) 12:32, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
is quite generic. Is it excluding any kind of non-technical cabinet? I guess containers and collecting points are out of the scope with other tagging schemes, aren't they?
- I agree on this point, any kind of non-technical cabinet won't be covered Fanfouer (talk) 12:32, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
is also quite generic. Is it excluding any kind of cabinet?
- It is excluding all indoor cabinets, especially when they're underground, in tunnels or whatever.
- We also have a generic tag to describe features' location : location=* Fanfouer (talk) 12:32, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
is very generic, can serve as basis for a lot of equipment and applications, can be refined with namespace/subkey.