(The following comment was written upon the creation of a page shop=edible_seeds)
@SwiftFast - while in principle you could use any tag you want for the shop, it only becomes useful if other mappers follow using it. This key is unlikely to be adopted by many mappers since it is imprecise and not logical:
- Your description includes fruits that are not seeds
- Many things we eat are seeds, e.g. wheat and rye are seeds from the respective plants. This would mean any bakery falls under your definition.
- The name is uncommon for a shop in the English language.
- Thanks for the comment. I admit the tag value is probably not named properly.
- There are shops that specialize in raw edible seeds (not bakery), nuts, and dried fruits. Like this one, and they seem to have no suitable tag. Can you think of a better tag value that conveys all these foods? Do you think "seeds_nuts_driedfruits" fits better? Edit: See topic below.
- For context, initially I tagged them with shop=yes because there was no better widely used tag. Later I decided that putting a more descriptive tag, even if I'm the only one using it and even if undocumented, would convey more useful information. I initially wanted to use "seeds_nuts_driedfruits" but that seemed too long, So I chose the product which is often the "flagship" of such shops, which is the seeds, at least that's the impression I get in my area. But to differentiate it from plantable seeds, I appended "edible". Maybe the end result turned out to be confusing.
- I didn't see the need to extensively discuss a tag that will be used quite rarely (Less than 50 uses for nuts, seeds, edible_Seeds combined).