From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Tourism attraction for ways?
I have hard to understand the logic why tag tourism=attraction can't be assigned to ways. For example waterway=weir and waterway=dam can be tourism attractions. Comments? --Kslotte 18:59, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
- Answering myself. It is better to use waterway=weir (the primary map feature) and tourism=yes instead. --Kslotte 11:11, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
Not well defined
on Wikipedia: "A tourist attraction is a place of interest where tourists visit, typically for its inherent or exhibited natural or cultural value, historical significance, natural or built beauty, offering leisure, adventure and amusement."
This tag is not well defined. Problems:
- Every attraction is a feature which should be tagged by another main tag. This makes tourism=attraction a property, while the other values of tourism=* are main keys.
- A tourism=artwork or tourism=museum or tourism=gallery might be an attraction or not, depending on fame. The usage of tourism=* to mark attractions should be avoided.
- Proposed features/Key:attraction started as a subtag of this tag but has been developed further. This lead to many tourism=attraction on rides/animal cages, dilluting this tag.
- The problem is not quite unique. You may view sport=swimming or nudism=* as property of something else but quite some mappers tag it as a single node without another main tag. If we were to fix one problem we should try to fix all similar cases and cater for both types of usage. RicoZ (talk) 11:11, 11 September 2015 (UTC)