Talk:Highway tagging samples/out of town
Thanks for the pictures, we should start develeopning a cassification scheme of the street types. If have started withb roadclassification. Please comment.
Josy 14:56, 9 Apr 2006 (UTC)
- Josy, look at Map Features for work that User:Blackadder has been doing in this area. 80n 15:29, 9 Apr 2006 (UTC)
This guideline is not a consensus !
In the past, this page was too UK centric. It is now too german centric.
- write name=<road_name> or <intersection name>, for instance, not name="Darmstädter Dreieck".
- it is not a general consensus that highway=track needs a surface tag. It is optional and unpaved could be considered as the default value and could be omitted here.
- the last example is a footway. The picture is bad, we don't see the traffic signal correctly. Cars seems to be not allowed (white round sign with red border), so motorcar=no is more correct. The highway tagging here is presented as the single solution (highway=path+bicycle=yes) but Map Features explains clearly that it is an alternative of the already existing highway=footway + bicycle=yes. If you write motorcar=yes, it's not a path, it's a track.-- Pieren 15:02, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
- last picture is a path, because there is no designation for pedestrians. it's just a muddy way thru a woddy area.--Cbm 14:27, 10 December 2008 (UTC)