Talk:Things To Do
- The Mapping Guidance section should probably also include a link to the Editing Standards and Conventions page. A little different in focus from the Map features I feel this is worthy to extend. I don't want to mess with the main page while Frederik edits it, so this is a memo to do that once he finished. --spaetz 08:46, 16 May 2007 (BST)
Could someone prepare the files so I could translate the into german? Thank you! --AndreR 02:35, 3 January 2008 (UTC)
- Are you looking for the languge-box with red links? Which files do you want to translate? Grüße Hadhuey
This page was tagged for deletion, but no one added any discussion as to why, so I guess I'll start it.
It looks like there's been no updates in well over a year, and largely no updates over several years. Soo.... it sounds like deleting it won't hurt anyone's feelings. Any objections? Jeffmeyer 19:08, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- no objections. Better less information than outdated information --MichaelS 22:39, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- it hasn't been maintained.
- Frederik created it way back in 2007, presumably in response to a common criticism that new developers don't know where they can do to help. I don't think there's much energy to maintain such a list, but it was always made worse by the duplication of the idea on several pages. We used to have a page called Student projects and at least one other page with Google Summer of Code ideas listed and described. Nowadays we have Top Ten Tasks which is now being almost maintained and updated (but not quite).
- I think lists with several paragraphs of text per entry like this, is the wrong way to do it. We should keep the detailed information on pages "closer" to where specific per project information is found. Somewhere where the relevant developers will feel more ownership over the wiki content. The list becomes mostly a list of links. Easier to maintain. There's been some attempts to "farm-off" information in this way already here. We could carry on with that until there's not much text left.
- ...but having said that. Could just delete it :-) (redirect to Top Ten Tasks)
- -- Harry Wood 23:21, 8 January 2013 (UTC)