Talk:Toilet Holding Tank Disposal
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
The basic styles of holding tank station seem to be:
- elsan point (walk up dumping basin)(also called a CDP or CTDP)
- round drain (gravity drain hose : 3" in diameter in the USA)
- pump-out (mechanical suction).
- Gray water (usually)
- Bilge water (rarely)
- Black water (usually)
- Black water but not gray water (occasionally)
- Certain tank chemicals
Offering at the same location:
- Rinse water which may not be potable.
- Drinking water (amenity=water_point).
- Drinking water (amenity=drinking_water).
- Walk up toilets.
- From water or land, or in a few cases both.
- Free, paid in advance, pay at the pump with coins or cards, or pay at the office.
- Part of regional network or not (card key, payment card).
- Accessible to overnight guests only, or to everyone.
Position may be:
- Located on a dock next to waterway=fuel (often)
- Located on a separate dock.
- Located on land, even it only serves marine users.
- Located at each camping pitch.
- Located at a central location, with varying degrees of accessibility by large boats or motorhomes (often).
- Unknown (many RV and Marina sites list dump services on their websites, but the exact location does not appear on the brochure or map)(often).
- Associated with a walk up toilet, or not.
There are combination stations that have one or many of the above features.