now: "All edits made to the map are recorded in the database with the user ID of the user making the change, and a timestamp at the time of change upload."
Please add more info about "iD Editor" /"JOSM" / and other osm editors - special saved changeset tags.
Background: ( http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/aseerel4c26/diary/34899 ; https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/43099/how-can-i-prevent-id-from-saving-my-browser-and-locale-when-editing-on-osmorg ) --ImreSamu (talk) 12:17, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- substantially changing the original text is somewhat out of scope since it has the potential to spark of a longish discussion on stuff which in a wide sense of the word everybody was happy with. However you are correct that we should likely add a note that the editing programms can store whatever they want in the database. In the case of iD it is a bit trickier but in principle the same. SimonPoole (talk) 12:50, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- I've added a paragraph covering the above to the text. Even though it takes the changes further than intended. SimonPoole (talk) 14:04, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. :) "iD Editor"(ver=1.7.3) now only save the "locale" info, similar to JOSM. ( the "browser" and "platform" have removed from changeset tags: https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/pull/2643#issuecomment-101748686 ) I have re-checked, this is true: http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/32015549 ) --ImreSamu (talk) 20:17, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
Mailing List / Bulk Mail Use
The document gives blanket permission for OSM admins to use email. Now, one at a time is probably intended... but it does not say that. Use of email in bulk is qualitatively different from singleton use. Same goes for "researchers" spamming mappers. Brycenesbitt (talk) 20:54, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- same comment as I gave Imre, this is supposed to be a small "hotfix" update of the current text, not a complete rewrite which will open up multiple topics and will take months if not years to complete. The e-mail section is completely unchanged from what is in place, so I would rather not touch it at this point in time, particularly since there are a number of considerations (bulk e-mail policy for example as you mention) that depend on other policy decisions. SimonPoole (talk) 21:06, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- everything below "Log files and Information submitted to OSMF Services" is new and above that the only two changes was that discussed with imre above and the removal of a historic discussion of the old anonymous accounts which should have been removed years ago.