Discuss Libya page here:
I would add...
I would add to the current wiki page the 3 sections below
- osm use
- Vectorial data
Intro on Libya and current crisis from an OCHA sit rep
The OpenStreetMap community can assist the response by tracing various satellite imagery and other data sources, and collecting existing data sets below. If you have connections with expat Libyan communities, consider getting in touch to work with them to enter place names, etc.
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- mailing list hot
- wiki & blog
Using OSM data
OSM data covers much more that just roads and boundaries, including...
- transportation resources
- water and sanitation infrastructure
- health / medical facilities
- ad hoc settlements = refugee camps
For frequently updated OSM data extacts of various types:
- See GeoFabrik, Cloudmade, hot data download point
Link here OCHA COD
In the sections
- mention effort for imagery outreach
- mention imagery-based generated maps like UNOSAT, SERTIT specifying need for license calrification
User:Nicolas Chavent -- 11:08, 4 March 2011