| Terra Map GPS|
|Author:||GEC di Giorgio Ghiggini|
|Programming languages:||C, and C++|
Amazingly clear map rendering, nice UI, import of KMZ, KML, GPX files.
It can also be used for tracking. Tracks can be exported and shared or can be imported into the App.
- Amazingly clear maps, thanks to the Retina technology usage.
- Easy to use and iOS 7 user interface.
- Optimized battery usage with battery monitoring; up to 14 hours continuous track.
- You can download maps (for FREE, no additional purchase is required) on the device, to be used later without any internet connection.
- Topo Maps for US, Canada, Europe, AU and NZ.
- Store your track without the need of cellular data or phone signal.
- Receive/make phone calls and text while track's recording.
- Share tracks, markers and photos in various formats (KMZ and GPX).
- Store an unlimited number of tracks and markers.
- Customize your Marker's icon and Track's color.
- Switch between Map display modes (Offline, Satellite, Roads).
- Measure distances on the map.
- Animated track preview on Google Earth™ and Maps.
- Load any track and marker from internet communities (KMZ, KML, GPX even if zipped) ** NEW **
The author notes that Terra Map does not work (well) on hacked/jailbroken devices from Apple. It uses the route-me library for the map display / manipulation interface.