Tondabayashi/Road Building import
- importing roads and buildings of Tondabayashi geospatial data (under CC BY 2.1 Japan license) in compliance with Import Guidelines
- describing OSM Wiki pages (English/Japanese) July 19th, 2015-
- sing up import accounts for the task July 14th, 2015-
- discussion at Talk-ja (discussed in Japan community) July 19th, 2015-August 22th, 2015
- review of OSM Wiki pages (English/Japanese) July 19th, 2015-
- discussion at Imports ML
- review of OSM Wiki pages (English/Japanese)
Details of Import Data
We will import the data opened under CC BY 2.1 Japan license. These data can refer the webpage of Tondabayashi city . Because the proponent of Tondabayashi/Road Building import includes the public officer of Tondabayashi City, there seems no need for additional permission.
Tondabayashi geospatial data delivered by ESRI Shapefile format.
- building (polygon)
The position accuracy of the data correspond to 1:1000. Data produced at March, 2015.
- road (line)
The position accuracy of the data correspond to 1:2500. Data produced at March, 2015.
Tagging plans are as following rules.
|feature(geometry type)||attribute||classification (by Japanese)||code||OSM tags|
|building (polygon)||SHUBETU||normal (普通建物)||1||building = yes|
|SHUBETU||concrete (堅牢建物)||2||building = yes
building:material = concrete
|SHUBETU||normal, no wall (普通無壁舎)||3||building = roof|
|SHUBETU||concrete, no wall (堅牢無壁舎)||4||building = roof
building:material = concrete
|feature(geometry type)||attribute||classification (by Japanese)||code||OSM tag|
|road (line)||NAME||road name (道路名称)||‐||name|
|flag of direction (方向フラグ)||oneway (一方通行)||1||oneway=yes|
|Shapefile(TYPE)||Shapefile(Width)||OSM Tag||OSM Tag by Japanese|
|no motorway in Tondabayashi city||‐||highway=motorway/(highway=motorway_link)||自動車専用道路（接続路）|
|national road (一般国道)||‐||highway=trunk （link）||国道（接続路）|
|main regional road（主要地方道）||‐||highway=primary/(highway=trunk_link)||主要地方道（接続路）|
|prefectural road (府道)||‐||highway=secondary/(highway=secondary_link)||一般都道府県道（接続路）|
|municipal road (市道)||over 5.5m||highway=tertiary/(highway=tertiary_link)||一般道（２車線以上）（接続路）|
|municipal road (市道)||1.5～5.5m||highway=unclassified||一般道（２車線未満）|
|municipal road (市道), Null※||under 1.5m||highway=path
|bicycle exclusive *自転車専用*||‐||highway=cycleway||自転車専用道|
These source tags are added to the imported data as a changeset comments.
- source = Tondabayashi Map Data
- source_ref = https://www.city.tondabayashi.osaka.jp/map/1050/download.html
Data Merge Workflow
The data will be imported by helicoysfh_tondabayashi_import(mainly import road), seicom_tondabayashi_import(mainly import building) and nissyyu_tondabayashi_import (supervision of nissyyu).These accounts(***_tondabayashi_import) were acquired exclusively for importing Tondabayashi data.
- Road (line) Shapefile except national road/prefectural road/main regional road will be divided to small town units because of data handling.
- Shapefile will be load to JOSM by using OpenData plugin.
- comparing/checking manually between the loaded Shapefile and the existing OSM data.
- The data will be selected by the data accuracy and the particularity of the OSM tags.
- Edited data uploaded by JOSM.
- national road/prefectural road/main regional road uses existing OSM data to maintain existing relations and road(line) Shapefile will be used for fixing the shape of these lines.
- import Phase
- Importing will be executed and repeated phase 1 and 2 by small town unit level as a principle.
- Phase 1 import road(line) Shapefile
- Phase 2 import building(polygon) Shapefile
- Revert plan
importing are executed by using accounts for Tondabayashi import(***_tondabayashi_import). If the problems occurred accidentally, corresponding changeset data reverted by helicoysfh_tondabayashi_import under the supervision of nissyyu.
The data will be selected by the data accuracy by comparing with Bing data or GSImaps/std data and joined existing data which have detailed OSM tags . National road/prefectural road/main regional road uses existing OSM data to maintain existing relations and road(line) Shapefile will be used for fixing the shape of the line. JOSM validator will be used for conflation.
For keeping quality of data, the manual import will be executed with the renewal of Tondabayashi geospatial data annually. The additional imports are also done and chacked with JOSM and JOSM validator.