|Authors:||Ales Pour (Kruch)|
|License:||nonfree (free of charge)|
|Platforms:||Java ME, and Android|
Highly customizable navigation/map display tool
Can be downloaded from www.trekbuddy.net. Trekbuddy is a Java ME application to be used with a GPS receiver. It is designed to work with every Java-enabled device.
It features capabilities such as
- GPS tracking and simple touristic navigation
- bitmap maps without zoom, but bitmap maps can be stored with different resolutions in one package called "atlas"
- tracklogging in NMEA or GPX format
- simple navigation (to a single waypoint or along a route)
- compas screen (HPS)
- freely cutomizable cockpit screen (CMS) including calculations
- location sharing via SMS with other trekbuddies
It supports most commonly used map projections and grids, such as
- Transverse Mercator
- Universal Transverse Mercator
- Swedish Grid
- British National Grid
- Irish Grid
- Swiss Grid
- Lambert France I-IV
- Lambert Conformal Conic
as well as custom datums.
As a location source
- Bluetooth or serial port GPS
- internal (integrated) GPS
- NMEA file
- HGE-100 device
- O2 Germany network
may be used.
Create offline maps using Mobile Atlas Creator.