Edit-a-thon/US Winter Editathon 2014
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
The fifth national Editathon was held on January 18-19, 2014. Blog post.
|City||Dates and Times||Venue||Contact||Event link||Number of participants|
|Salt Lake City, UT||Jan 18, 2-5pm||Joffee's Coffee||Martijn van Exel||Meetup link||2|
|Washington, DC||Jan 18, 12-4pm EST||MLK Library||Kathleen Danielson||Meetup link||20|
|Saint Louis, MO||Jan 18, 12-4pm CST||Cancelled||Brett Lord-Castillo||Meetup Group||0|
|Boston, MA||Jan 18, 12-6pm EST||Telenav Boston (201 South St)||Lars Ahlzen||Meetup Event||3|
|Chicago, IL||Jan 18, 12-4pm CST||Chicago Community Trust||Ian Dees||Meetup Event|
|Denver, CO||Jan 18, 12-4pm MST||Caution Brewery: West||Russell Deffner||Meetup Event||3 (+ several 'public' contacts)|
|Phoenix, AZ||Jan 18, 12-4pm MST||Spokes on Southern||James Fee||Meetup Event||23|
|Redlands, CA||Jan 18, 12-6pm PST||Esri Headquarters||Richard Kachelriess||Meetup Event||11|
|San Francisco, CA||Jan 18, 12-6pm PST||Code for America (155 9th St)||Alan McConchie||Meetup Event|
|Lexington, KY||Jan 18, 12-4pm EST||Coffea||Jessi Breen||8|
|Tampa, FL||Jan 18, 11am-3pm EST||Wood Fired Pizza||Coleman McCormick|
|Seattle, WA||Jan 18 12:15pm - 4:15 PST||Bellevue Library||Clifford Snow||Meetup Event||11|
|Seattle, WA||Jan 19 12:15pm - 4:15 PST||Shoreline Library||Clifford Snow||Meetup Event||5 (Seahawks Win!)|
|Tulsa, OK||Jan 18, 9 AM - 4 PM CST||Fab Lab Tulsa (710 S Lewis Ave)||John Whitlock||Meetup Event|
What do I need to know to host an event?
- The rule is simple: anything you commit to OpenStreetMap, should contain the hashtag #editathon in the comment
- Your event can be an outside surveying event or an inside editing event
- Design your event friendly to newcomers, make sure there's someone there to explain to first timers the fundamentals of OpenStreetMap and show them the first steps of editing and surveying.
- The location should have fast internet and a place to sit for everyone. Remind attendees to bring a computer, mouse, and any other devices you'll need for your event.
- Collect name and email from attendees, keep them to yourself. This information is to send on a feedback survey and only for that.